A new year is a great time for reflection. It is a great opportunity to take stock of what has happened over the past year and to use the knowledge gained to help prepare for the year ahead. Reflection will always include highs and lows, gains and losses, and opportunities and challenges. It will also include the mistakes that were made, the lessons learned and the joys that were shared together with colleagues and loved ones. At the Early Years Shop we have reflected upon the products sold on our online shop. From this reflection we have come up with a list of our Top 10 Best Selling products for 2019! These are the top products that have been sold all across the country and have guided and helped educators in the running of efficient and compliant services.
The Top 10 list includes a mixture of hard and soft products. The hard products include our ever popular A Child’s Learning Journey Book and our newly updated Children’s Roll Book. Our soft (downloadable) products include HR products such as the Employee Management Pack, Curriculum products such as the Curriculum Planning Toolkit and administrative and communication products such as the Risk Assessment (Audits and Records Pack) and the Parent Handbook (full day care and school aged children).
So what are the Top 10 Selling Products in 2019?
- A Child’s Learning Journey Book continues to be one of the best selling products on the Early Years Shop in 2019. This over-sized scrapbook style journal allows you to capture the child’s individual learning experiences in a 20 page A3 size book. You can add photographs, observations and samples of the children’s work and at the end of the year it becomes a beautiful keepsake for each family to take home with them.
- The newly updated Children’s Roll Book with Sign In and Sign Out for the 2019-20 term is fully compliant with the requirements of the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016 and the Quality Regulatory Framework (Tusla 2018). This newly designed spiral bound product allows the book to lie flat for ease of use and most importantly it allows for roll call, child sign-in and sign-out by an adult and staff sign-in and sign-out. Children’s details are just entered once for the full year.
- Aistear Stickers were created almost four years ago based on customer feedback. Developed to support staff in the labeling of Aistear assessment and observations, artwork, photographs and stories. Linking Aistear themes, goals and aims can be very time consuming but with Aistear stickers to hand it makes life for educators very easy by just adding a label and circling the goal and aim as required.
- In order to maintain compliance with regulations and in case of Tusla inspection services need to ensure that they have good records of all accidents and incidents that take place. The Accident and Incident Book ensures consistency with the recording of all accidents and incidents with each form in triplicate – allowing one copy to stay in the book, one copy to go on the child’s file and one copy to go to the parent or guardian. This book also conforms with new GDPR rules as it includes a confidentiality clause with each form.
The Best Selling Downloadable Products
- The Employee Management Pack and the Employment Contract Template are the two best selling products in relation to the HR side of business. The Employee Management Pack is packed with forms, checklists and policies that you need to have in place once you have a team of staff working in your service. The pack includes a guide on how to use each of the forms and where they should be kept. The Employment Contract Template is a great sample contract for early years settings and can be used for all fixed-term, specified-purpose, hourly-paid, full-time, part-time or term-time contracts. Both products are soft products that you download via a link you receive to your email. This has the benefit of immediate receipt of product for you to save and edit as and when you require.
- The Risk Assessments (Audit and Records) Pack is another very popular product available on the Early Years Shop. Risk assessment is a very important element of any business and one which is crucial to ensure businesses are pro-active regarding the prevention of injury and illness. The pack includes risk sheets to allow you carry out risk assessments for buildings, operations and staff whether it be on a daily, monthly, quarterly or yearly basis. This is also a downloadable pack that will be sent immediately once ordered so that you have the benefit of getting to work immediately.
- On the curriculum side of business, the Curriculum Planning Toolkit is most certainly the most ordered product on the website. This toolkit comprises templates which will aid and support the educator in how they may implement curriculum planning templates for early years services. The templates are based on the core principle of Aistear that play is central to the children’s learning.
- In terms of curriculum packs, the Diversity Curriculum Plan: Celebrating Difference has proved very popular in 2019. This pack is a great way to open discussions with the children around how we celebrate the differences that may come through gender, ability or ethnicity and includes 10 activities to support this. Like all of our curriculum packs this pack also helps to build your library of resources to respond to the emerging interests of children.
- The child registration pack is available in both English and Irish. Before a child starts at your service you need to ensure that you have all of the correct information about the child to ensure that you can provide the highest safety and care. The Child Registration Pack provides you with the templates that will allow you to gather all the correct information relating to each individual child who will attend your service.
- Although it is not a legal requirement to have a parent handbook in place, educators see this as hugely beneficial in order for parents to read and understand the policies that are in place. It is a great way to welcome parents/guardians and engage them in their own child’s learning and development. You have the option of purchasing a self-edit version or a customised version that is developed by Canavan Byrne specific to your service.
The Early Years Shop came to life in April 2014 in partnership with childcare experts and award winning company Canavan Byrne. Since then thousands of orders have been processed for our customers across the country! Now that we have reflected upon 2019 it’s time to look forward towards a new year and a new decade in 2020. We will ensure that we continue to support the early education sector alongside our partners, Canavan Byrne, by providing lots more new products and services with the aim of making our customers already busy schedules a bit less hectic! Make sure to keep an eye on our website and social media for more information on new products coming soon!
Children’s Roll Book with Sign-in and Sign-out 2019 / 2020€26.00 Add to basket
Parent Handbook for School-Aged Service (Afterschool)€50.00 – €95.00 Select options
Diversity Curriculum Plan: Celebrating Difference€8.00 Add to basket
Parent Handbook – your service guide for parents€75.00 – €150.00 Select options
Risk Assessment – Audits and Records€35.00 Add to basket
A Child’s Learning Journey Book€6.00 Add to basket
Curriculum Planning Toolkit€20.00 Add to basket
Employee Management Pack€50.00 Add to basket