Aistear is the early childhood curriculum framework for all children from birth to six years. The word Aistear is the Irish word for “journey” and was chosen because early childhood marks the beginning of children’s lifelong learning journeys. The framework is used as a guide in planning learning experiences.
This pack provides a few template resources as examples as to how one might implement planning templates for early years services. These are obviously not exhaustive and as a reflective practitioner it is important to ensure that the planning and assessment tools used by your service fit with your vision and ethos of the learning process in your service. These templates are based on the core principle of Aistear that play is central to the children’s learning.
This pack is comprised of the following templates:
- Aistear Learning Record
- Daily Routine Template
- Curriculum Planning Guide
- Materials: Birth to 1
- Materials: Preschool
- Materials: Toddler 1 – 2.5
- Short Term Project Activity Planning
- Template: Long Term Curriculum Planning
- Template: Medium Term Curriculum Planning
- Template: Short Term Planning
- Template: Medium Term Planning
- Template: Short Term Planning Weekly Review