Care Room Visual Aid A3 Wipe Clean Poster Bundle now available on the Early Years Shop. These are colourful and bright accessible care room visual aids with key reminders for staff on Behaviour Management, Supporting Transitions/Managing Wait Periods and Biting (which can be very difficult to manage in the care room). The posters are an excellent quick visual reference for practitioners to remind them of the best strategies for managing children's issues around behaviour.
The posters were designed by Canavan Byrne and make a great addition to any care room. Each poster shows a picture of a young child or baby with five speech bubbles showing what they may be thinking at that time. These words aim to guide early years educators on the spot rather than having to refer to documentation. See below to show what each poster includes.
Care Room Visual Aid A3 Wipe Clean Poster Bundle Includes:
1 x Behaviour Management Visual Aid Poster
- 'I'm still small but I feel big emotions..I depend on you to be the calm in my storm.'
- 'Separate me from my behaviour - my behaviour is not my identity.'
- 'Catch me being good and praise me for it. Your attention on my behaviour will encourage me to repeat it.'
- 'Don't always remind me of what NOT to do. Remind me of what I SHOULD and CAN do.'
- 'My pace is not always your pace so be patient NOT pushy.'
- 'Show me how you would like me to react, I learn from your reactions.'
1 x Supporting Transitions/Managing Waiting Periods Visual Aid Poster
- 'I'm still young, I find waiting hard.'
- 'Don't call me to the table or wash my hands too soon.'
- 'I depend on YOU to communicate with other big people. If there is going to be a delay, they need to say.'
- 'Tell me what to expect. I can't yet read the clock.'
- 'If you want me to wait, make waiting fun! Read me a story or play a simple game!'
- 'I learn from YOU. If you show patience, I will learn to be patient.'
1 x Biting Visual Aid Poster
- 'I'm still very young..there are reasons I might bite!'
- 'I don't yet have all the words I want to say, so I might use my mouth in a different way.'
- 'Keep calm and teach me "NO!". Praise me when I'm gentle.'
- 'I might bite when I'm bored or anxious, so stimulate and distract me. Comfort and reassure me.'
- 'I am used to used to exploring the world through my mouth. I've yet to learn what's OK to bit and what's not!'
- 'Biting gets your attention. Tend to the child I've bitten first before you tend to me.'
Each poster is a big readable A3 size (29.7cm x 42cm) and laminated so they can be wiped clean.