Learning Through Play is an award-winning music CD by Funky Feet Music. With this wonderful CD you can teach children early physical literacy skills. It will help children with balance, coordination and in building strength. It is a fun way for young children to engage in physical activity through the medium of music.
The words in each song consist of short, simple, repeated phrases to support early language skills. This includes colours, days of the week, numbers and much much more! Draw with your magic finger over the rainbow, stop off to help Mick to fix an aeroplane, go spinning with Teddy, flying with friends, dancing with clowns as well as sing along to traditional favourites. Learning through play makes learning fun!
Learning Through Play Contents:
- Funky Feet Music Manual will show you the words and suggested actions for each song. This guide will help you to encourage children's creativity and active participation in music and movement. Includes 20 pages of instructions and comes in a clear plastic folder.
- Each CD includes 20 songs for imaginative play.
- Welcome (Greeting and Movement)
- Nursery Rhyme Medley (Baa Baa, Hickory Dickory, Mary Mary, 12345)
- Colours of the rainbow (Colours, Sequencing, Echo Singing)
- Pirates Life for Me Pirate Song, Role Play and Counting)
- Elephants have wrinkles (World Music, Body Awareness, Sequencing)
- Bean bag song (Balance, Body Awareness, Handling Objects)
- Days of the Week (Movement, Sequencing and Alliteration)
- Mick the Mechanic (Role Play, People who help us)
- Jump, Jump, Jump (Gross Motor Movement, Echo Singing)
- This Big! How Big! (Humourous, Contrasting Size, Gross Motor)
- Time to spin (Balance and directional language)
- Driving a Police Car (Role Play, Positional Language)
- Help One Another (Helping with the jobs around the house)
- Legato Staccato (Instrumental) (Contrasting Movement, Parachute & Scarves)
- Wibble Wobble (Circle Dance, Directional Language)
- Dancing Clown (Reacting to Sound, Role Play, Contrasting Music)
- Learning Through Play (Bungee Dancing, Positional Language)
- Oh, When the Band (Instrumental Playing, Contrasting Loud and Quiet)
- Funky Groove (Echo Singing, Gross Motor)
- Magic Finger (Mark Making, Positive Touch and Relaxation)