Sick Leave has always been a thorny issue for employers to manage. Canavan Byrne has come to the rescue, providing their HR expertise (and knowledge of the Early Years Education sector) in this new Sick Leave Management Pack, giving employers essential guidance on the relevant employment law around sick leave and other supporting documents to help employers manage sick leave properly while not infringing on the rights of the employee. The pack has been updated to include the provisions in relation to the new Statutory Sick Leave Legislation.
The Sick Leave Management Pack includes comprehensive explanations of what sick leave is and employers' and employees' rights and responsibilities. Are you aware of how to handle situations where sick leave overlaps scheduled annual leave entitlements or public holidays? What about the case where you notice an employee regularly taking sick days before or after a holiday?
Complete contents of the Sick Leave Management Pack:
- People Get Sick
- Illness Benefit, Public Holidays & Proposed Changes
- Length of Absence
- Short- Versus Long-Term Absence
- Penalising Absence (The Risks)
- Information Provided/Requested
- COVID-Related Absence
- Patterns of Absence
- The W-A-R-M Interview
- Bradford Factor (Traffic Light System)
- Long-Term or Higher-than-Average Absences (OMA)
- Supporting a Return to Work
- What CB Associates/Canavan Byrne can do