This week’s Thursday Tip is a downloadable poster with healthy eating tips for you to download and share with families in your service!
Download and print as a handout, laminate and post in your service, or send it to families by email.
The poster illustrates the importance of young children getting proper nutrition across all the different food groups:
- Grains – includes breads and cereals. Children should have at least 6 servings per day.
- Fruits and Vegetables. Children should have at least 5 servings per day.
- Milk and Dairy Products. Children should have at least 3 servings per day.
- Protein – includes meat, fish, eggs and beans. Children should have at least 2 servings per day.
- Fluids/Drinks – 2-5-year old children should drink 3-5 8oz cups of fluid daily.