Purchasing individual downloadable curriculum plans on the Early Years Shop is a great way to boost your library of themed activities for the children within your service. Equally buying a monthly newsletter is a great way to communicate regularly with the families of the children attending your service. However, did you know that if you sign up as an Early Years Resource Factory member for a small monthly fee, you will receive both of these products for free as well as access to a lot more resources!
What resources are available through the Early Years Resource Factory?
So what exactly is The Early Years Resource Factory? The Early Years Resource Factory is a low-cost membership service providing a range of resources, printables and tools to facilitate running an Early Years Service. Here are some of the main resources that are included when you become a member:
- Observation Planning and Curriculum – The resources include a growing library of curriculum plans that will enable you to respond to children’s emerging interests, along with observation templates required for taking notes on what you observe for each child. The curriculum plans cover a range of various topics and themes including the four Seasons, Easter, Halloween and Christmas, Mothers Day, Fathers Day and St Patrick’s Day. It also includes packs around the themes of Diversity, Identity and Belonging, Where I Live and Early Years S.T.E.M.
- Your Monthly Newsletter – Create your own customised newsletter every month to share all your classroom news with parents. You can include what you have been doing in class all month, topical information, upcoming events, birthday celebrations, tips and ideas for home etc. Each month Canavan Byrne provides an attractive newsletter with content relative for that month to help or inspire you to include your own details of recent and upcoming activities.
- Family Notices – Along with content for the monthly Newsletter, Canavan Byrne also provides a monthly Family Notice. The Family Notices include additional information on various topics for families with young children and should be sent out to parents along with your monthly newsletter. Members can access the full library of dozens of Family Notices.
- Printables – There are various printables that you can access on EYRF including many notices, signs and records that you may require to ensure important messages are clearly displayed throughout your service and to keep a log of various tasks within your service. This includes printables for staff members (notices showing Classroom Leader, Duty Manager, Fire Officer etc.) and children (graduation certificates, All About me, Things I Like/Dislike notices etc.). It also includes logs for various items such as Nappy Changing, Sleep, Emergency Contacts, Training Records and Risk Assessment Sheets.
- Staff Roster – After an EYRF member contacted us and asked if it would be possible to put a Weekly Staff Roster on The Early Years Resource Factory, we worked out a way to make this happen! After consultation with the customer and our partners Canavan Byrne we were able to create an easy to use and compliant online staff roster which in turn benefitted all our EYRF members. The staff roster can be filled out online and can be saved and emailed or printed for staff members. The roster allows for PIC (Person in Charge), FAR (First Aid Responder) and NIR (Not in Ratio) staff members, breaks and cover staff for staff members who are on holiday or sick leave .
- Friday Freebies – Our bi-weekly Friday Freebies continue to be a firm favourite for all customers. Friday Freebies are available on The Early Years Shop for one week but for EYRF members all historical Friday Freebies are available in a folder to access at your convenience.
How do I become a member?
The Early Years Resource Factory has two different membership options available;
How do I do a FREE Trial?
You can also sign up for a no-obligation 7-day free trial. This is a great way to familiarise yourself with what The Early Years Resource Factory has to offer with no obligation to sign up! If you do love what you see and sign up within the 7 day trial period, you will receive one month membership for FREE!