The Canavan Byrne Roll book is completely compliant with the requirements of the Childcare Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016 and the Quality Regulatory Framework (Tusla 2018) and fulfills the 3 critical functions required: Roll Call, Child Sign-In and Sign-Out by an adult and Staff Sign-In and Staff Sign-Out. The Quality Framework states these requirements:
- Each child attending the service is checked in and out by a relevant staff member
- A record of the name of one of the following people at the time the child arrives or leaves: The person who drops the child to the service and collects the child from the service or the employee responsible for checking the children in or out
- The person who drops the child to the service and collects the child from the service
- The employee responsible for checking the children in or out
Our roll books meet the requirements of the Quality Regulatory Framework to sign children in and out as well as allowing for a daily record of staff signing in and out of the room – an essential record to show you are maintaining the correct ratio of staff to children in the room at all times. Each pair of facing pages contains a complete week of records – so one roll book provides records for the entire year (with a few extra weeks provided in case of error!)
Accuracy of Record Keeping and Less Writing!
Ensure that you keep accurate records with our Roll Book as you fill in the children’s names (up to 23 children per roll book) on a special fold-out flap so that you don’t have to continually fill in children’s names everyday. The roll book is made with spiral binding, meaning the roll book can open all the way out and lie flat on a desk or table which makes it easier to use. As children arrive and leave at different times it is necessary that all children are signed in and out individually. The roll book also includes a space for records for each child in the first two pages including:
- Unique Identifier (Can be used for DCYA number)
- Date of Birth
- Start Date
- Finish Date
- 2 Parent/Guardian Names
- 2 Authorised Collector Names
- 2 Emergency Contacts
Have a look at our video below explaining the Children’s Roll Book and how it works.