The February Curriculum Planning Pack is made up of some great activities and ideas. These activities have been taken from our Spring, Valentine’s Day and Chinese New Year Curriculum planning packs. Spring begins on the 1st of February and activities included will give you some ideas to begin a Spring theme.
In February we celebrate St. Valentine’s Day and these year The Chinese New Year. Therefore, these are two great themes to feature as part of your Curriculum Planning for February. Teaching the children about Love and it’s many different forms creates many learning opportunities for the children. Furthermore, the Chinese New Year is widely celebrated within the Chinese community. It is a great opportunity to share the meaning of this wonderful celebration and show how people around the world celebrate it.
Each activity links back to both Aistear and Montessori Learning and clearly outlines what area each activity covers. The pack includes Aistear and Montessori Observation Sheets helping you to document observations of each child’s play. Simply print the sheets out and have them available to staff for any quick observations. After that, you can later decide on any follow up activities that will help the children lead in their own learning. In addition, the pack includes a printable calendar and a list of fun dates to celebrate in February!
February Curriculum Planning Pack Includes:
- Four Activity Sheets from Spring – I am a Seed, Birds Nest, Oh to be a Duck, Daffodils
- Three Activity Sheets from St. Valentine’s Day – Love Stories, Musical Hearts, Valentines Day Card Shop
- Three Activity Sheets from The Chinese New Year – The Chinese New Year, Chinese New Year Ideas, Games and Songs
- Aistear Observation Sheet
- Aistear Montessori Observation Sheet
- Weekly Curriculum Observation Simple
- Weekly Curriculum Observation Detailed
- February 2021 Fun Dates to Celebrate
- February 2021 Calendar Sheet
In addition, you can combine the Curriculum Planning pack with the February newsletter to share news from the classroom with parents. This is a great way to keep in touch and above all, it contributes greatly to effective communication. This is essential for building good school-family partnerships. Remember if you become an Early Years Resource Factory member, the newsletter and the February Curriculum Planning Pack come for FREE as part of your membership! Sign up for your FREE no obligation 7 day Trial here or sign up immediately here.